Saturday 1 February 2014


Photographer Sara K. Byrne 

Sara K Byrne is a photographer currently based out of Boise, Idaho. Predominately shooting weddings along with her husband Dylan, soon the couple will be leaving their hometown and relocating to Portland, Oregon. While sad to leave their hometown behind, the two are looking forward to the challenge of plugging into a new wedding market in the Northwest. 

Fascinated by artists since she was young, Sara began taking photography classes in high school, continuing to spend hours in the dark room throughout college. “After business school, I worked in a marketing firm, but I was really unhappy working there. I started picking up my camera more, as I needed an outlet for my creativity.I couldn't believe how happy it made me, and I knew that’s what I was going to do. I quit my job, started shooting professionally, and I haven’t stopped.” Feeling drawn to the sentimental nature of wedding photography, Sara found her calling documenting love stories. “I have always loved old romantic movies. 



 
"I used to stay up late watching Cary Grant and Grace Kelly, and I’d just swoon. I think it’s why I love wedding photography so much. I think of Casablanca, where Ingrid and Humphrey have that crazy passion in their eyes when they look at each other. I want to believe every couple feels that way or has felt that way at some point.” 







No comments:

Post a Comment